Review Team Terms & Conditions
Welcome to The Scare Factor’s family of haunted attraction and escape room reviewers! We look forward to working with you and making this a productive and enjoyable relationship for everyone.
The Halloween season will soon be upon us, so let’s get you started by having you read and accept the Terms & Conditions below:
- Adhering to the following Terms & Conditions is a contingency of your involvement with The Scare Factor, LLC (herein referred to as “The Scare Factor,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice.
- All submitted content is the sole property of The Scare Factor and may not be printed, posted or otherwise displayed in any format anywhere other than our website (https://www.thescarefactor.com) without our prior express authorization.
- Your actions as a Scream Team are voluntary and performed at your own risk and discretion. You are not entitled to any form of compensation as a result of these actions.
- You agree to only using the information provided to you by us for the purpose of producing and publishing content for The Scare Factor. Should your status as a Scream Team become “unauthorized,” you promise to discontinue the use of any information or training material that was provided to you, and you will not use it for your own benefit or that of any other entity in any way.
- In order to maintain “active” status, your Scream Team will be required to review a minimum of five (5) attractions per year. The Team Leader must be present at all review visits unless prior authorization is given in advance.
- If you gain access to an attraction via complimentary tickets, then a seven- (7) day deadline shall be imposed for submitting a review of that attraction.
- All submitted reviews must be structured using all of the standard categories for the type of attraction that is being reviewed.
- No Team member may own or otherwise assist in the operation of the type of attractions being reviewed within 6 months prior to reviewing them without advance express authorization.
- Scream Team members are expected to behave soberly, respectfully, and professionally at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, your time at the attractions, as well as your interactions with industry-related people on social media or other online forums or platforms.
- Subjective content, though inherently unavoidable, should be kept to a minimum in your reviews and other published content.
- We reserve the right to refuse publishing or acceptance of any submitted reviews or other content without obligation to provide notification or reason.
- As a Scream Team, you will need to become an active member of our Facebook Group: “Scare Factor Scream Teams.”
- As a Scream Team, you should establish a Google account for sharing documents, training materials, and other online resources and communications, if you do not already have one. A dedicated account for your Scream Team is recommended, but not required.
- We reserve the right to terminate our relationship with you as a Scream Team at any time without obligation to provide notice, reason, or compensation.
- All official Scream Team members shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Other Terms & Conditions may be given to you at any time by any method deemed necessary by us. It is expected that you will adhere to those Terms at all times after they have been communicated to you.