Greetings once again, boils and ghouls!
Details for the 2023 Monster Bash are included below. This is a ‘living’ web page… Updated details may be released as they become available.
Welcome to The Scare Factor’s Monster Bash Event!
The Monster Bash is an after-season party that’s “for haunters, by haunters.” Anyone and everyone who works in the haunted house industry – from owners, managers and actors to makeup artists, set designers, parking flaggers, volunteers and vendors – PAST OR PRESENT – are 100% welcome! Join us at the region’s largest gathering of haunters to send off the 2023 haunt season in style!
The event’s finest offerings include an incredible party atmosphere, a LIVE haunt tour with an award-winning attraction, free drinks, music, a costume contest, door prizes, cash-and-carry vendors, and The Scare Factor’s very own Awards Ceremony. Whew!
2022 was an incredible year for the event, with about 400 guests in attendance from dozens of haunts across the Midwest (despite the freezing weather!). This year’s event is expected to be even higher, so PLEASE help us spread the word to each of your fellow minions, and let’s show Indianapolis how it’s done!
Below are the key details of this year’s event:
Events & Attractions:
When Is It?:
Saturday, November 18th, 2023 – 6:00pm to ? | Tentative end time is 1:00a or 2:00a.
What You Get:
- 2x Drink Tickets*
- Live Haunt Tour – Admission to Nightmare on Edgewood
- NoE is a full-contact ‘touch’ haunt. “Chicken Vests” are available for $5 if you do not* want to be touched.
- Interactive Attractions:
- Mechanical Bull – it’s back!!
- Shadows 3D Immersive Audio Experience
- DJ Music
- Access to cash-and-carry vendor/s
- Potential entry into the Costume Contest
- The Scare Factor’s Awards Ceremony
- Hundreds of other haunters to meet-and-greet with!
*Drink Tickets are good for non-alcoholic or “wells” beer. Craft beer, liquor or cocktails cannot be purchased with drink tickets.
HAUNT TOUR: Nightmare on Edgewood!
Cinema 13 – The Factory – Conley Farm
$FREE!!! | Access to Nightmare on Edgewood’s FULL SHOW is included with your Monster Bash Admission ticket this year!
Haunt Tour Hours:
7:00p to 9:00p | If you are on-site and in line for the haunt, they will continue running until you are able to get through. However, we want to ensure the actors are able to get food in a timely manner before the other events start to commence. Please show up as early as you can to ensure you’re able to attend the haunts in a timely manner. Thank you! 🙂
About The Haunts:
SPECIAL NOTE: Nightmare on Edgewood is a full-contact ‘TOUCH’ haunt. Guests are welcome to skip the attraction, or purchase a $5 “Chicken Vest” to opt-out of being touched inside the haunts. There is Not* a cheaper ticket option.
Come tour Nightmare on Edgewood in Indianapolis, IN offering 3 haunts in total! On this night, you’ll get to see all of the shows in full “haunt season” operation!
Check out our reviews for Nightmare on Edgewood from this year.
Nightmare on Edgewood – Indiana’s most intense haunted event – returns this fall with all new sights to show you.
Music will be played with DJ-style lights and black-lights throughout the night.
Cash & Carry Vendors
Vendors will be set up on-site offering a variety of cash-and-carry items for you to purchase. Items are typically small, hand-made trinkets.
Haunters Against Hate Drag Show
The Haunter’s Against Hate Drag Show has been a huge hit among guests since the beginning, and it’s coming back for more this year! Join our queens and kings as they perform LIVE and help us support this amazing cause. All tips collected are donated to this wonderful organization.
The Costume Contest is a fantastic way to show off your finest costume creations!
Contestants will be selected in the same way as last year:
As guests mingle, the judges will be on the lookout for select characters: the ones they believe are sporting the most elaborate, detailed, and well-designed outfits that are relevant to the theme (“Witches & Warlocks”). Those characters will be given “invitations” to participate in the costume contest, if they wish.
(The judges will do their best to give invitations early in the night so that the people wearing these sometimes bulky costumes can change into more comfortable attire until it’s time for the contest to begin. If you want to be eligible to participate in the costume contest, but will be arriving later in the evening, please email us at email@example.com to give us a heads up!)
Just before the contest, the invitees will be called upon to line up near the stage. When the contest begins, each character will be called up to display their creations to the entire crowd (and the judges, of course), so everyone can see them in all their horrific glory!
After everyone has been examined, the judges will deliberate and determine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners!
Specifics on Cash Prizes and Trophies for this year’s winners are still TBD.
The Costume Contest is scheduled to begin after the haunt closes, and usually takes around an hour. The winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony.
The Scare Factor’s Awards Ceremony
The Awards Ceremony is where Tyler & Nora (Team Zombillies / owners of TheScareFactor.com) will be announcing the award-winning haunts and actors from this haunt season!
The Awards Ceremony is scheduled to begin after the costume contest concludes, and usually takes around an hour. We will ONLY be giving awards (during this ceremony) for haunts that we believe will be in attendance! Please RSVP for your haunt by pre-purchasing tickets at the link at the top of this page! As always, all awards – regardless of if the haunts are in attendance – will be shared to The Scare Factor’s Facebook page (as well as the Team/s page/s).
Where is all this happening?
Nightmare on Edgewood
1959 S Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225
Map is talking to Google…Please wait…
This year’s hotel accommodations are still TBD. As of now, we aren’t having much luck getting hotels to respond to us. To be safe, you should plan to book your own hotel rooms at the nearest available hotels that fit your budget.
- What is the theme?
- “Witches & Warlocks” (check out the cover photo!)
- Is there an age limit?
- Nope, but if you’re bringing kids, be mindful that this is a PG-13 event full of haunters and alcohol. Some monsters are dressed in grotesque costumes and many scenes in the haunts are intended for mature viewers. It is up to the parents to determine if their child is mature enough to attend this type of event.
- Guests will be ID’d before entry and given a unique wristband to indicate they are 21 years of age or older. Guests under 21 will be given a different wristband. Please have your ID ready when purchasing on-site or redeeming your online tickets.
- What if I can’t get there before the haunt closes? I still want to see it!
- Please make every effort to arrive as soon as possible. We want to give everyone the chance to see the haunt that wants to see it. We will try to accommodate you if there is still a line when you arrive. But once the line has died and the actors have come out of their scenes, you will – sadly – not be able to see the haunt.
- Is there somewhere where I can change into my costume?
- We do not have a designated area for this. There is no “re-entry rule” this year, but we **will need to see your wristband before being permitted inside the building. Make sure your wristband is quickly visible with your costume to avoid causing a line to get into the building. You are welcome to change in your vehicle or a discreet location in the parking lot, if you can find one.
- What if I don’t want to go into the haunts?
- You are welcome to skip the haunts, but we are not offering an alternate ticket option this year that excludes them. If you want to see the haunts, but do not want to be touched, we are offering a $5 “chicken vest” that you can wear to indicate to the actors that you do not want to be touched.
- Can I bring my significant other with me?
- Of course! +1’s (and more!) are welcome, but they will also need to purchase admission.
- Do I have to come in costume?
- Where is the host hotel?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes. Credit cards can be used online or at the door.
- Are there restrooms on-site?
- Portable restrooms will be available on-site this year. There is no permanent/indoor restroom this year.
- Be nice to your fellow haunters and keep ’em clean!
Please use our Contact Us form for any other inquiries. Hope to see you there! 🙂 ~Tyler